The most complete database referential in the matter of CMS (Content Management Systems). Here you will find a wealth of information on the vast majority of CMS and tools that populate the Web.
A Content Management System or CMS is a family of software intended in the design and development of a dynamic update website or multimedia application. They share the following functionalities:
- they allow several people to work on the same document;
- they provide a chain of publication (workflow) offering for example the possibility to upload the contents of documents;
- they allow to separate the management operations of the form and content;
- they help structure content (use of FAQ, documents, blogs, discussion forums, etc.);
- SGC include some version control.
When the CMS manages dynamic content, we talk about system dynamic content management or SGCD Dynamic Content Management System, or DCMS).
CMS should not be confused with the systems of electronic document management (EDM) that allow to realize the content management in the company.